Sunday, November 19, 2017

Famous Last Words: Week 13

Famous Last Words

This Class

So this week in the Mythology and Folklore class I chose to read about English fairy tales, and ended up writing one of my favorite stories of the semester. This whole semester I was excited to read about fairy tales so when this unit came up I immediately knew I wanted to use one of the stories in the unit as inspiration for a story in my storybook. In the reading there were a few versions of Cinderella so I decided to do my retelling of one of the Cinderella stories. The retelling, This is Ever After, ended up being one of my favorite stories that I have written this semester and I am excited to get feedback on it!


Other Classes

In my other classes I have had a lot of success. Usually at this point in the semester I am freaking out about my grades but by studying more consistently over the course of the semester I have no less than a B in all of my courses. In fact, this past week I received all of my midterm grades back and I was pleasantly surprised. One course that I am really enjoying is my intro to drumming class. Although the class was not required for my major I am really glad that I chose to take it. Since I already play piano and some guitar I was very surprised at the difficulty of drums but even though it has been challenging I have learned quite a bit! 

(Drumming, credit to Heyme at pixabay)


Outside of School

Outside of my coursework I have tried to focus more on my hobbies since they usually get pushed to the side for schoolwork. Specifically, this past week I tried to spend time playing the banjo that I got for my birthday in October.  Since the banjo is a six string banjo it has been an easier transition that I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment